Our Service Advantage
QVC: Quality, Value, Convenience
- Recruiting: World Ship Service employees are carefully recruited and trained using a highly-refined combination of sources, scoring, interviewing, and testing.
- Development: World Ship Service Service Technicians are developed via a detailed, multi-year grading plan and regularly attend industry-leading factory training schools.
- Spares: World Ship Service’s enterprise inventory system flags and replenishes high-failure items. Inventory is accessible by all employees, worldwide, 24/7.
- Kits: For field work, World Ship Service operates a unique system of comprehensive “service kits”, as opposed to just keeping “loose spares” on a stockroom shelf.
- Measurement: First-Time-Fix-Rates and Customer Retention Rates are two primary metrics used at World Ship Service.
- Knowledge: Nearly all our executives, managers, salesperson and dispatchers started as technicians. The average tenure at World Ship Service is 13 years.
- Volume: World Ship Service performs over 10,000 service attendances each year, building expertise and implementing manufacturer’s training.
- Pricing: World Ship Service’s Service Labor Rates trend lower that our peers. Our “average invoice” amount is below that of an estimated 75% of our marine service peers.
- Travel Costs: World Ship Service minimizes travel costs and mileage by operating World Ship Service-owned “service depots” in 15 major U.S. ports, 5 Canadian, and 10 strategic European and Asian locations, supplemented by an extensive cadre of convenient, qualified global agents.
- Contracts: World Ship Service offers service contract options which are effective, economical, and targeted to meet the various needs of our customers.
- World Ship Service World Service is staffed live 24/7/365 for immediate response to your service and parts needs.
- Network: World Ship Service offers comprehensive coverage with 90 World Ship Service Service Techniciansstationed in 20 major North American ports and complimented by 10 World Ship Service “sales & service depots” in the busiest European and Asian ports. Through World Ship Service World Service, clients have access to authorized service agents worldwide.
- Brands: World Ship Service is authorized, and stocks spare parts, on an exceptionally wide range of themarine industry’s most popular and respected brands.
- Parts: World Ship Service stocks $2.5 million in spare parts, housed by product model in ruggedized service kits, and ready for immediate deployment.
- Class Societies: World Ship Service is certified by every major Class Society.